This course examines the nature of selected qualitative and quantitative research methods related to the field of international business. Topics focus on different types of research, conceptualization of research, interface between qualitative and quantitative research methods, primary and secondary sources, data collection methods, and data analysis methods. Also emphasized are computer applications to perform rigorous data analysis.
Note that I teach this course as a Visiting Professor at the Mikkeli Campus of Aalto University School of Business.
- Understand the fundamental epistemological differences between positivist and interpretive research traditions in business
- Understand and evaluate different research schools that exist within the business research traditions
- Develop an ability to state research problem and define research objectives
- Understand and use data analysis methods
- Understand and use computer assisted data analysis
- Understand the proper reporting of the research results.