The Business of U.K. Football is an experiential three credit special topics business course. Students spend classroom time reading, discussing, learning about, and experiencing through various mediums the business aspects of football in the U.K. The relationship between the U.K. football environment and the historical, cultural, social, religious, and economic relevance to the UK are also be examined. Students traveled to the England during Spring Break 2015 for an intensive look at business aspects of football. While in England during Spring Break, students met with various club officials to learn about the business aspects of football in the U.K. and had the opportunity to attend several football matches.
- Understand of how functional areas of business (e.g., marketing, accounting, finance, and management) operate in the U.K. football environment.
- Understand the impact of football in the U.K. on the economic, historical, and cultural aspects of the U.K.
- Improve students’ oral presentation skills.
- Appreciate the importance of global business.
- Develop students’ ability to be more flexible and open to change.
Below are several pictures from the Spring 2015 study abroad. Enjoy!